Septum piercings have gained popularity recently as a form of self-expression and style. Whether you’re considering getting a septum piercing or already have one, one of the most important decisions you’ll make is choosing the right jewelry. The jewelry you select adds a unique touch to your piercing and is crucial in the healing process and long-term comfort. This article will explore different types of jewelry suitable for septum piercings, factors to consider when choosing jewelry, and some popular styles and trends.
Types Of Jewelry For Septum Piercings
There is a diverse selection of septum jewelry to cater to different preferences and individual styles. Here are some common types of jewelry used for septum piercings:
- Circular Barbells: Circular barbells are a popular choice for septum piercings. They are circular with removable ends that can be either beads or spikes. Circular barbells are versatile and come in different materials, sizes, and designs, allowing you to customize your look.
- Captive Bead Rings: Captive bead rings are another classic option for septum piercings. They consist of a hoop with a removable bead or ball that sits snugly within the ring. CBRs are available in various materials and sizes and offer a sleek and minimalistic aesthetic.
- Clickers: Clickers have gained popularity for septum piercings due to their easy-to-use mechanism. They feature a hinged design that clicks into place, making insertion and removal hassle-free. Clickers come in various designs, from simple and elegant to ornate and decorative.
- Septum Retainers: Septum retainers are discreet jewelry pieces commonly used during healing or when you prefer to keep your piercing hidden. They are typically made of clear or flesh-toned materials like glass or acrylic, providing a subtle and inconspicuous look.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Jewelry
Selecting the right jewelry for your septum piercing involves considering several important factors. Consider the following essential factors to bear in consideration:
- Material: Selecting the right material for your jewelry is vital in ensuring both comfort and the effectiveness of the healing process. Opting for hypoallergenic options like surgical steel, titanium, or high-quality gold while steering clear of nickel or inferior metals that may trigger allergic reactions or skin irritations is advisable.
- Size and Gauge: The correct size and gauge are essential for a comfortable fit. The initial jewelry size is typically larger to accommodate swelling during healing. Once the swelling subsides, you can downsize to a more suitable size and gauge that fits your style.
- Style and Aesthetic: Septum jewelry comes in various styles, from minimalistic to elaborate designs. Consider your taste and the overall look you want to achieve. Whether you prefer a subtle and understated piece or a bold and eye-catching statement, jewelry is available to match your desired style.
- Comfort and Functionality: Comfort is paramount when selecting jewelry for your septum piercing. Ensure that the jewelry sits comfortably in your piercing and doesn’t cause any irritation or discomfort. Jewelry with smooth edges and a suitable shape will help prevent snagging and discomfort during everyday activities.
Popular Styles And Trends
Septum piercing trends evolve, reflecting changing fashion preferences. Here are some popular styles and trends that you may consider when choosing jewelry for your septum piercing:
- Minimalistic: Minimalistic septum jewelry, such as simple hoops or dainty clickers, has become a timeless choice for those seeking a clean, understated look. These styles provide a touch of elegance without overwhelming the overall aesthetic.
- Ornate and Decorative: For those who enjoy a more intricate and detailed look, ornate septum jewelry with delicate filigree work, gemstones, or intricate patterns can be a stunning choice. These pieces add a touch of glamour and make a bold statement.
- Tribal and Ethnic: Septum jewelry inspired by tribal or ethnic designs has gained popularity for its unique and cultural appeal. These pieces often feature intricate engravings, geometric patterns, or tribal motifs, allowing you to showcase your appreciation for diverse cultures.
- Customizable and Interchangeable: Customizable septum jewelry, such as barbells or clickers with removable ends, allows you to change the beads or spikes to match your outfit or mood. This versatility provides endless possibilities and lets you express your creativity.
Choosing the right jewelry for your septum piercing is an important decision that combines personal style, comfort, and safety. With various options available, take the time to explore different types of jewelry, consider factors like material, size, and style, and don’t be afraid to experiment with new trends. Remember to prioritize comfort and opt for high-quality materials to ensure proper healing and long-term satisfaction with your septum piercing. Ultimately, the jewelry you choose will enhance your individuality and allow you to showcase your unique style.