Are you looking to build a business-oriented application or start a WordPress website? Finding the best free database hosting can make all the difference when it comes to processing customer requests almost instantaneously, scaling your business, and reliability you can trust. Database server hosting organizes, stores, and retrieves your application or website’s data. It can be paired with code like Java, PHP, and C or software programs such as Joomla and WordPress that utilize databases to boost your site’s interface, content, or user-friendliness. But since the database you choose directly impacts your online presence, it is crucial to go with a trustworthy hosting provider. To ensure that you choose the best option, use this comparison tool provided. Free database hosting can be complicated, so we have evaluated some of the database hosting services we find most promising.
- Microsoft SQL
Otherwise known as SQL Server, this RDBMS from Microsoft supports ANSI SQL, but it comes with an implementation of the language. This database hosting has a cloud version and supports Ubuntu, Docker Engine, and several Linux platforms. It is available in C#, C++, C, and Java languages and boasts the following features:
- With Microsoft SQL, you have access to elaborate and interactive Power BI transcripts to enhance your decisions.
- Advanced security features for data protection.
- It is ideal for data lakes, data warehouses, and AI applications due to its performance, scalability, and mission-critical availability.
- Data integration (structured and unstructured) is all thanks to the power of Spark and SQL Server.
This open-source database supports Mac OS, Linux, Windows, and several other platforms in PHP, Tcl, Python, Perl, C++, SQL, Java, and C languages. MySQL is a relational database hosting with a cloud version and some of the features below:
- Unmatched flexibility and scalability.
- Can support data warehouses and website needs.
- High performance.
- Massive transactional support.
This is the database for you if you are looking to create a high-volume website, a business-critical network, or packaged software.
- An amplified query planner.
- The priority focuses on performance and scalability.
- Fast and effective upgrades, all thanks to TinkerPop 3.
- Fast deployment courtesy of integrated Multi-Model API.
Additionally, OrientDB can automate transactions and distributed queries, share data in clusters and implement replication across masters.
DynamoDB is a non-relational platform by Amazon. The database hosting system offers in-memory cache capabilities, built-in security, and consistent latency. DynamoDB backs up your data for enhanced protection and scales automatically, all thanks to its serverless nature. This cross-platform database has a cloud version and supports Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, C#, Java, and Go. Its features include:
- You can integrate DynamoDB with AWS Lambda for more enhanced triggers.
- With DynamoDB, you can leverage the Amazon Accelerator for faster read performance.
- With DynamoDB’s secondary indexes, you have reliable flexibility to process queries on all attributes.
- DynamoDB supports document data models and key-value.
If you are looking for a simple and straightforward document database, DynamoDB is a great place to start.
Oracle Cloud is a one-of-a-kind database hosting with self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing capabilities. With this database, you can say goodbye to the hassles of managing your data manually. It supports Linux and Windows platforms and Java, C, COBOL, and C++ languages. Some of its features include:
- Impressive ease when migrating to the Cloud.
- Oracle software runs in your data center and offers its services based on your operations.
- This database hosting is optimized for streaming workloads, high-performance workloads, and big data of Hperscale levels.
Firebird SQL is an open-source RDBMS that runs on Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, and some Unix platforms, including AIX, Solaris, and HP-UX. It has a cloud version and is available in COBOL and C/C++ languages. Some of its most prominent features include:
- It offers various funding opportunities, including sponsorship commitments and Firebird memberships.
- While it may be a simple database hosting tool, Firebird boasts enhanced RDBMS across platforms.
- Firebird SQL is absolutely free to download, register and deploy.
- You can build a customized website or application version using Firebird.
Firebird SQL may be an excellent option if you seek database hosting with triggers, stored procedures, and language support that’s development-friendly.