Liposuction is a process of removing excess fat from the body. The abdomen, buttocks, back, face, neck, arms, breasts, hips, and legs are among the areas where you can remove fat. People usually go for liposuction particularly to improve the appearance of a specific body part. Further, some medical issues may also require liposuction for treatment.
Many People believe that this treatment will remove excess fat and that it would suddenly transform their bodies into the firm, slim bodies they have always desired. However, this is not completely true. Liposuction is not a weight-loss panacea. It also does not magically eliminate cellulite or stretch marks.
Liposuction is good to get rid of stubborn fat bundles that refuse to respond to a good diet and exercise routine, even after you have attained and maintained a healthy weight. However, it does not remove excess skin or repair anything else. Therefore, to maintain a good and slim body, you need to develop healthy eating habits, and regular exercise will keep the weight off if you are in good enough physical shape to undertake this procedure.
If you are a good candidate for liposuction and are seeking a good clinic, you should check out the official website of the Texas Liposuction Specialty Clinic. Dr. Eric Payne is a board-certified plastic surgeon. He and his team of professional surgeons specialize in offering the best quality liposuction treatment.
What Makes You a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Not everyone can opt for liposuction surgery. Let us look at some of the crucial points that would make you eligible for liposuction treatment:
- Women who are within 15% to 30% of their optimal body weight are eligible for liposuction.
- Women with fat deposits on their necks, thighs, abdomens, arms, backs, and other areas who are unresponsive to diet and exercise.
- Women who are genetically resistant to diet and exercise.
- Women who do not smoke.
- Women who do not have any serious disease or other medical condition.
- Women who have no plans of becoming pregnant.
- Women who have firm and elastic skin.
- Women with strong determination and a positive mentality.
Who is Not Eligible for Liposuction?
- One of the most crucial points that one must understand is Liposuction is not a weight-loss procedure. It means that if you are overweight or obese, then you are not eligible for this treatment.
- Those who are suffering from any serious health problem, skin infection, or any other medical condition, then you must not go for liposuction treatment.
- You cannot opt for liposuction if your skin has poor elasticity and is not firm enough.
- Do not undergo liposuction treatment if you are afraid of the complications that may occur post the cosmetic surgery.
- Liposuction can be an expensive procedure. Therefore, if you cannot afford the financial expense then do not opt for it.
You can even try other methods to avoid excess body fat. Doctors typically recommend less invasive treatments. Diet and fitness programs are less invasive treatments. However, before opting for liposuction, make sure to talk to your doctor about all of your treatment choices and seek a second opinion.