As we all know, skin has many different functions. It is a stable but flexible outer covering that acts as a barrier, protecting your body from harmful things in the outside world such as moisture, the cold and sun rays, as well as germs and toxic substances. However, many of us fail to prioritize a regular skincare routine, or simply don’t know where to start. Following a healthy skincare routine is important to protect our skin from damage. If you are looking for more reasons to take care of your skin, take a look below:
- Your skin cells shed every day; without a regular skincare routine your skin may become dull and lose its natural moisture. Detoxifying masks can be quite effective in eliminating dead skin cells.
- Investing in a skincare routine can seem daunting at first, but it actually saves you money in the long run. A great face serum can improve your skin’s texture and complexion, allowing it to look better with less makeup and prevent more costly measures down the road.
- It is best to take preventive measures to protect your skin early. Fixing skin problems in the future is much more difficult than preventing them to begin with.
- When you look good, you feel good. We all know it, and it’s true! When you feel good about your skin, you are more likely to exude confidence.
The biggest benefit to using a face serum is its ability to deliver active ingredients efficiently and effectively. Serums tend to contain higher percentages of active ingredients, so they are able to better target specific skin concerns. Skinlocity’s Re-Serum is packed with active antioxidants designed to feed the skin while visibly decreasing the appearance of stress, and delivers a high concentration of powerful nutrients directly into the skin to optimize pore health.
Reasons to include a face serum in your skincare routine:
- There are skin serums available to help with just about every skin care concern out there, and acne is certainly included. Ingredients typically found in serums and skincare products for acne include benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and retinol.
- Face serums can plump skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Face serum can act as an exfoliant. Serums containing AHAs and BHAs, like lactic acid and malic acid, can be used to resurface skin for a smoother feel and more even appearance.
- Face serums can hydrate your skin. Serums formulated with hyaluronic acid are great for helping with hydration.
- Face serums can brighten the look of dull skin.
It’s important to take the time to pick the right face serum for your unique skin. Incorporating a serum into your routine will make your skin healthy and glowing!