With all of the different ring types and styles out there, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. This guide will help you understand the different types of rings and styles so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
Types of Rings
There are many different types of rings available on the market today. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Wedding Rings: Wedding rings are probably the most popular type of ring. They are typically made from gold, platinum, or silver and may have diamonds or other gemstones set into them. Wedding rings are usually worn on the left-hand ring finger.
- Fidget Rings: Fidget rings are designed to help people with trouble sitting still. They typically have a spinning band that can be rotated. Fidget rings are usually made from metals such as stainless steel or titanium.
- Promise Rings: Promise rings are given to symbolize a promise made between two people. They can be made from any type of material and usually have a simple design. Promise rings are often worn on the left hand ring finger.
- Engagement Rings: Engagement rings are given to someone as a symbol of love and commitment. They are usually made from gold, platinum, or silver and may have diamonds or other gemstones set into them.
- Birthstone Mother Rings: With birthstone mothers rings, each birthstone corresponds to a different family member. These rings are typically made from gold or silver and have birthstones set into them and you can pair with evil eye bracelet or evil eye necklace.
Types of Stone Settings in Rings
There are many different ways that stones can be set into a ring. Here are some of the most popular types of stone settings:
- Prong Setting: A prong setting is when four or six metal claws hold the stone in place. This is a very popular setting because it allows a lot of light to enter the stone, making it appear brighter.
- Bezel Setting: A bezel setting is when the metal surrounds the stone completely. This type of setting is popular because it protects the stone from being damaged.
- Pavé Setting: A pavé setting is when small stones are set close together, giving the appearance of a continuous surface of diamonds. This type of setting is popular because it makes the ring look very sparkly.
- Channel Setting: A channel setting is when the stones are set into a groove in the metal. This type of setting is popular because it keeps the stones securely in place.
There are many different styles of rings available on the market today. Here are some of the most popular styles:
- Classic: Classic rings have a simple design and are usually made from gold or silver. They are timeless and elegant.
- Contemporary: Contemporary rings have a modern design and are usually made from metals such as titanium or stainless steel.
- Vintage: Vintage rings are those that were made in a previous era and have been passed down through the generations. They are often made from gold or silver and may have delicate designs.
- Antique: Antique rings are those that were made more than 100 years ago. They are often made from gold or silver and may have delicate designs.
- Boho: Boho rings have a bohemian style and are often made from materials such as leather, beads, or shells.
With all of the different types of rings and styles available, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. But by considering the type of metal, gemstone, and setting that you want, as well as your own personal style, you can narrow down your options and find the perfect ring. Whether you’re looking for an engagement ring, a wedding band, or just a fashion statement, there’s a ring out there that’s perfect for you.