Quickbooks Update Error 15106 is another 15xxx series error that a user can encounter while updating the Quickbooks application or payroll on the application. This usually occurs when you do not have enough administrator permissions to access a certain file or any other software that conflicts with the working of the Quickbooks application. It can also occur because of different reasons which we have discussed in other sections of the article. So, without any delay, let’s begin with the causes and solutions of the Quickbooks error code 15106.
Table of Contents
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Error Code 15106
Quickbooks error 15106 implies that the update program on your system is damaged and the program cannot be opened on the system. There can be different reasons for which the error may occur in the system. Here is a complete list of all the reasons for which you can encounter the 15106 error code.
- You may not be logged in to your system as an administrator while updating the Quickbooks application.
- The antivirus software present on the system is blocking the working of the Quickbooks application.
- You may have enabled user access control settings on the system.
- Important components to update the payroll are not installed on the system.
- In case you have installed a WebRoot antivirus application on the system which may feel that the Quickbooks installer is a threat.
Indications of Quickbooks Error Code 15106
Now, in this section of the article, we have explained all the signs and symptoms to identify the Quickbooks error 15106.
- Quickbooks Error 15106 will appear on the screen.
- When the update on the system is started, the system will restart on its own.
- The operating system will respond to the messages slowly.
- You won’t be able to update the Quickbooks payroll on the system.
Solutions for Quickbooks Error 15106
So, now that you are aware of all the reasons, symptoms of the Quickbooks error 15106, here are all the methods that you can use to resolve it. Check out all the methods that you can use to fix the issue.
Method 1: Switch to Administrator Mode
- For this, you will have to log into your system in user mode.
- You will then have to look for the Quickbooks icon and then right-click on the same.
- From the menu, choose to run as administrator.
- When done, you will have to type the Id and password of the administrator.
- Click on Ok and now you are logged in to your system as an administrator.
- When done, you will have to click on the Start icon and then click on the option to choose switch user.
- Simply, type the admin credentials to switch to the administrator account.
Method 2: Disable User Account Control
- To start with, you will have to press the Windows and R key on the system and then open the Run window.
- You will then have to type the control panel and then click on the Ok option.
- You will then have to click on the user account again.
- Under this, you will have to click on the option for control settings and then choose to change the user account.
- Now, a prompt will appear on the screen and then choose the Yes option.
- You will then have to slide the bar to change the settings.
- Hover to the Never notify option in case you need to disable the UAC and then choose the OK button.
- When done, you will have to slide it to the notify option if you wish to enable UAC.
- You will then have to click on the OK option.
- You can then set the slider and then start your system again.
Method 3: Clean Install Quickbooks
- To start with, you will have to gather all the important data you need to create a backup of all the data.
- After this, you will have to ensure to keep the license copy of the application.
- You will then have to turn on your system in the selective startup mode.
- Next, you will have to make sure another application is not blocking the working of windows.
- You will then have to uninstall Quickbooks and then install it on the system.
- When done, you will have to switch back to the normal mode.
Moreover, you can also use the Quickbooks clean install tool on the system. It will help you to automatically uninstall and install the Quickbooks application. You can then start your device and then check if you are facing the same issue.
Get Professional Help
Surely, with all the methods mentioned in the above section of the article, you will be able to resolve the issue. So, if you are still not able to get rid of the Quickbooks error 15016, you can also seek help from the support team. You can talk to the support team and they will provide you with immediate solutions and will guide you through the process. So, if you face any critical issues like Quickbooks update error, Quickbooks error 6000, Quickbooks error H202, calling customer support can be helpful. Hopefully, the article has helped you to resolve the Quickbooks error.