Don’t you think rulebooks are reference materials with multiple aspects? On the one hand, they instruct the reader to follow some restrictive protocols for performing a specific activity. While on the other hand, they evolve with time and specify new and better ways of doing something. The same is hugely true about the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standards book. The quality-concerned professionals of most electronics companies refer to it during an IPC Online Training Program. This instructional book brings customers and manufacturers on the same page where their quality expectations and delivery for cable and wire harness assemblies match. In short, they eliminate the “us vs. them” debate between manufacturers and customers over how to build wire and cable harnesses using best practices and “offering” high-quality consistently.
It is the main reason every manufacturer should enrol their operators, engineers, and inspectors in the IPC Online Training Program based on IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standards. Once they have acquired the required training for the “Acceptability of Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies,” they will be able to produce better quality products meeting the expectations of your hiring company and your consumers simultaneously.
But the question is how to make them attend IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification Courses? For that IPC Online Training Program offered by Illinois’s finest electronics training institute is an excellent solution. Now another crucial question arises:
Is IPC Online Training Program like IPC/WHMA-A-620 as effective as classroom learning?
The shortest answer to this question is “Yes!” “But how?” you may ask. Well, the “well-known electronics training agencies in Illinois” accomplish the teaching goal for interested candidates using a remote online video platform and an IPC-certified master instructor. Besides that, they also ensure to create a classroom-like environment by utilizing various systems like online proctoring, online demonstrations, online displaying of visuals, live lectures, and some pre-recorded videos for particular topics.
Thus, it doesn’t matter whether you want your personnel to participate in CIS, CSE, or CIT IPC certification programs; they can complete the course through “remote lecture-based classes.” And do you know what the minimum requirement for these IPC training courses are? Each student needs to have:
- A stable internet connection
- A web browser
- An IPC/WHMA-A-620 handbook
- A PC or tablet or netbook computer
- A microphone
- A webcam
Now that you know the “basic” requirements for online IPC training, it’s time to glance at the topics discussed in IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification Programs:
What are the topics your technical staff will learn in IPC/WHMA-A-620 Training Programs?
- General; Applicable Documents; Preparation; Measuring Cable Assemblies and Wires; Testing
- Soldered Terminations; High Voltage Applications
- Crimp Terminations; Insulation Displacement Connection
- Ultrasonic Welding; Splices
- Connectorization; Over-Moulding/Potting
- Coaxial and Biaxial Cable Assemblies
- Marking/Labelling; Securing; Finished Assembly Installation
- Harness/Cable Electrical Shielding; Cable/Wire Harness Protective Coverings
Who should earn an IPC/WHMA-A-620 certificate?
The quality assurance supervisors, assembly process engineers, and training managers at your contract manufacturing company are the most suitable candidates for the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certification Program. In addition, the professionals who look after the quality and reliability of the cable and wire harness assemblies that you produce are also appropriate applicants for this program.
What are some notable updates in IPC/WHMA-A-620 version D?
- All Target Criteria have got removed. If you don’t know what the term “Target Criteria or Target Conditions” means, it is the appearance of cable and wire harness assemblies that are close to perfect. In other words, you can also understand it as acceptable conditions for the wiring items.
- In the sections where target conditions have not got covered in the acceptable criteria, the IPC and WHMA associations have modified the target condition as an “acceptable condition.”
- The “next” change refers to the “update” to the requirements for hardware installations such as solderless wrap and threaded fasteners. An instrumental thing you will notice here is the cleaned text and graphics throughout the instructional book to help viewers understand the processes that are applicable for them more clearly.
- Another imperative change in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 version D is the inclusion of definitions for engineering documentation and solder depression.
- Apart from that, it also includes new criteria for stamped and formed cut-off tabs, and more importantly, the over-moulding of the flexible flat ribbon.
The concluding remarks
We hope you got the picture of several things through this article, whether IPC online training courses, their requirements, topics, and some critical updates in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standards Book (variant D). So, if you liked the information shared in this blog post and want to get more enrolment-related information about IPC online certification programs, be sure to speak to the business-centric electronics training organization in Illinois now.