QuickBooks is a financial software application that helps businesses to handle their finances and it can run on all the different operating systems like macOS, Windows, Linux, etc. the QuickBooks and Operating System get updates from time to time on the internet by the parent company to take the advancements of the product. However, most people ignore these updates, which result in discrepancies in the compatibility between QuickBooks and the Operating system. But now, most of the Windows users have been updated to Windows 10, by a strict campaign of Microsoft. In this article, we discuss how to use QuickBooks for Windows 10.
Which QuickBooks Versions run on Windows 10
To verify if their QuickBooks version is compatible with Windows 10 or not. So here are all the QuickBooks-Window 10 which are compatible versions that don’t have any issue while running QuickBooks on the operating system.
- Those QuickBooks versions are higher than or including the QuickBooks 2016 (Release 7).
- The QuickBooks 2015 and 2016 (From Release 1 to 6).
Windows 10 doesn’t support the earlier version of QuickBooks or QuickBooks 2014. If you are facing any QuickBooks for Windows 10 compatibility issues like the Quickbooks error 15241, then you have to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. To make sure that no QuickBooks-Windows 10 compatibility problems appear and you would need to enable Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Follow the below steps to enable the QuickBooks for windows 10 compatible platforms for a smooth experience:-
- Firstly, go to the Control Panel of your window and then click on the Uninstall a Program feature.
- Then, move to the left corner and choose to Turn Windows Feature On or Off.
- Now, a Window shall open and you have to check if the .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7 are checked or not.
- If they are checked then tap on cancel. If they are not then put one on it and select OK.
- At last, exit from the Control Panel and restart your computer.
How to Check your Windows 10 Version? verify the version with the other specifications then follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Firstly, go to the Start menu and then enter About your PC.
- Then, click on About your PC. now, scroll down to see the Version number.
New Updates included in Windows 10
- In the latest version, the start menu is the same as in Windows 7.
- Windows 10 consists of the virtual desktop which is called the Task switcher.
- It boasts the latest release of the .NET framework(4.6) in Microsoft Windows 10.
- It comes with a new browser name which is EDGE.
Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website and then save the file to convenient locations.
- Then, begin the installation of this procedure, and run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Go to the Next option, then accept Intuit’s license agreements. And choose the QuickBooks Tool Hub to install a target folder.
- Now, select the Install option, and click on the Finish option.
- At last, the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Windows 10 is not for all the same versions used. So, too will appear.
The version of Windows 10 supported with QuickBooks Desktop
After the number of versions, the user needs to search for the version which is certified to work with QuickBooks. Below are the versions supported by QuickBooks Desktop:-
Windows 10 version 1809:
On version 1803 of window 10, the QuickBooks desktop 2020 is certified to work in a proper manner. But, QuickBooks desktop 2017-2019 is not certified.
Windows 10 Version 1803
QuickBooks desktop 2017-2020 are entirely certified to work on this version of the windows operating system in the best ways.
Windows 10 Version 1709
This is similar to the earlier one, this version of windows also QuickBooks Desktop 2017-2020 are certified to work without any error.
Window 10 version 1507, 1511, 1607, and 1703
For those who are using the Home and Pro versions of Windows editions, then this is recommended to you to update them to the latest version of Windows 10. The reason to do it is that Microsoft didn’t support the mentioned versions.
The version of QuickBooks desktop supported with Windows 10
QuickBooks 2016 R7 & later
The QuickBooks users of QuickBooks 2016 R7 are authorized to work with Windows 10. If a user is using QuickBooks R7 earlier version then the user has to update the QuickBooks for Windows 10 to the latest version. But for the user of QuickBooks 2016 R7 or later, they don’t need to update. They can work smoothly on Windows 10.
QuickBooks 2014 & earlier
Windows 10 doesn’t support QuickBooks 2014 and if you use this version then this may create compatibility issues or might be it will end up in a complete mess. We recommend that the user upgrade the version of QuickBooks to 2014 or 2015.
QuickBooks 2015 & 2016 (R1-R6)
As a QuickBooks User, try to open QuickBooks 2015 on Windows 10. To open that successfully you need to make sure that you enable the .NET Framework 3.5 which comes as disabled by default from Microsoft. So, the OS user can experience the best when they use the OS that doesn’t support QuickBooks.
Windows 10 supports QuickBooks 2015, but you have to make sure that .NET 3.5 is enabled for QuickBooks 2015. Follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the .NET 3.5:-
- Go to the ‘Start’ button.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows+R key together.
- Then, enter the Control Panel and tap on Ok.
- After that, click on the ‘Uninstall a Program’ then choose the ‘Turn Windows features ON or OFF’ option.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear like “.NET Framework 3.5” with .NET Framework 4.5.
- Make sure that the option is activated or if not then enable it.
- At last, restart your system.
Read more: Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool
In this article, we discuss how to use QuickBooks for Windows 10. I hope this article will be helpful for you and may follow all the steps correctly. We provide you with many different topics about that so you can easily understand it. If you are facing any other issues then visit our other articles also.