Quickbooks has turned how accounting activities are carried out in a firm and how they now manage their financial reports and inventories. It has become a lot more popular in these recent times because of the new advanced features it keeps on introducing with each update. Other than new features, it also emphasizes fixing bugs that users have encountered in the previous versions of the application. Still, it is very common to encounter issues while using the application. To get rid of those errors easily, Intuit has launched different tools that can be used to fix specific types of errors. One of those tools is Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool. This tool helps to analyze the issues between the server and the system, issues that you may face while opening a file in the multi-user mode, and other connection-related issues. In this post, we have discussed in detail what a connection diagnostic tool is and how you can use the same.
Requirements to Download Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
So, here are certain system requirements that you will have to fulfill if you wish to use the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool on the system.
- The very first thing that you need is to install the Quickbooks application on the system.
- Ensure that you have.net and Microsoft C++ redistributable package on the system.
- It can both work with Windows and Mac operating systems both.
When to Use Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
Below we have listed all the situations where you can use the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- To start with, it can help you resolve issues related to the Quickbooks database server manager If it is not running on your system, it can be fixed using the tool.
- Next, if the firewall installed on the system is incompatible with the Quickbooks desktop that you are using. Also, you can use the tool to configure the settings of the firewall.
- Next, if the Quickbooks file that you are trying to use is corrupted, it can be fixed using the tool.
- Also, if the vendor’s list is blank, you are unable to add any entries or update the same, the tool can help you fix the issues.
Steps to Download and Install the Quickbooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
So, now you have enough information about what Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool, here are all the steps that you need to follow to download and install the tool on the system. Check out all the steps below.
- To start with, if any previous version of the Quickbooks tool is installed on the system, remove it from the system.
- When done, you will have to open your browser and go to the official Quickbooks website. From the website, download Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool according to the operating system that you are using.
- You will then have to go to the folder in which you have saved the downloaded file. Click on the file and then follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After this, you will have to click on the icon of the tool on the system if it doesn’t start automatically on the system.
Components of Connection Diagnostic Tool
Now, to use the tool easily on the system, you will have to be aware of all the components of the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool so that you can use it accordingly. Check out all the components below.
Diagnose Connection Tab
The very first tab that you will come across is Diagnose connection tab. This tab is used to check the connection or the Quickbooks file with which you are facing the issue. All you have to do is to choose the company file and then click on the diagnose or repair option. It will then scan and fix all the issues related to the Quickbooks file.
The next tab that you will get is the Firewall status. Under this tab, you will find the initial and basic settings of the firewall that you need to configure on your Windows operating system. It will then be easier for you to compare the firewall settings and then make sure that it is configured properly.
The last tab on the tool window will be the test connectivity tab. This tab is used to check the internet connectivity on the system. Also, it can help you ensure a stable connection between the Quickbooks company file and the server. to know how to use this tab, check out the steps below.
- To start with, tap on the option for a browse and then look for the Quickbooks file that you want to use.
- When done, you will have to tap on the option to check the connectivity.
- It will then scan the file. If there is any issue found, the status will be displayed in red and if no error is found, the status will be displayed in green.
Read about Quickbooks tool hub
So, a connection diagnostic tool can help you fix network as well as company file issues. Moreover, it can be used to fix Quickbooks issues on Mac. With all the steps mentioned above in the article, you can use the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool easily and get rid of the issues. Hopefully, the article has helped you.