If you wish to self-publish your book, it could be both an ebook and a print book. To ease everything here is the simplest process for publishing a book independently and for you to make money out of it.
Here are the steps on how to self-publish your book.
- Write your book – the very first step of course is to write your book. It could be in a different genre depending on what is on your mind. First thing is to have a draft of your book. With enough planning, dedication, and discipline, anyone can learn how to write a book.
- Edit the manuscript – self-edit as much as you can. It can range from an author’s rewrites of their first draft to the final proofread before the book launch. Let a professional help you over the finishing line. Before you trust your work off to a professional, make sure you do everything you can for it — or you’ll just end up wasting money paying an editor to clean up basic mistakes.
- Design the cover and design the interior – Once you have taken your manuscript to its best, it is efficient to have the designs next. The first thing that jumps to mind is the cover for sure for good reason. It is also necessary to not forget about the interior design like the way that the words are formatted on the page. Finding your ideal designer may be risky these days. But with Rushmore Press, provide trusted and quality-based designers.
- Self-publish as an ebook and a print book – publishing your book through KDP (Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing) is an author platform that lets you upload your book and list it for free. This is to make your publishing modern and simple. Because self-publishing a book involved getting a print run and paying up-front for thousands of copies. After all, KDP offers the highest percentage royalty, and ebooks are usually priced lower than print books.
- Learning the Kindle Store – learning what you are into is a very big advantage. Anyone could get their book to Amazon Kindle but only a few people know how to do it properly. You can buy a book or subscribe to an electronic version of a newspaper on Amazon and download it directly to the Kindle. Amazon also has a large customer base, which means a big audience for e-books — and lots of publishers and self-published authors wanting to jump into that market.
- Market your book effectively – Marketing for self-published authors takes planning, organization, and consistent action; it’s hard work. But the good news is that marketing is also about fostering connections and relationships, which can be rewarding to you and your fan base. For self-published authors, this is a huge problem. After all, some of you make a living from your book. Social media may seem like a time-consuming hassle for some authors—but this is the greatest opportunity you have to authentically connect with your audience, and remain engaged in the conversation.