Do you not know how to clean upholstery without chemicals? You can try out different upholstery DIY methods that show wonderful results as your outcomes. In fact, these are our best homemade cleaners that need all-natural ingredients which favour your thoughts and concerns. Moreover, each of our Couch Cleaning Perth methods that have no chemicals in them has its very own purpose. For example, rubbing alcohol along with white vinegar can easily get rid of paint stains. In the same way, there are also other methods like the ones in this blog.
The Tested Homemade Upholstery Cleaners That Are Not Chemicals
Table of Contents
Here are a few methods as answers for how to clean upholstery without chemicals question.
1. Hydrogen Peroxide And Dish Soap
- Firstly, you need to thoroughly vacuum da surface using a high-performance vacuum cleaner
- The second step to implement this upholstery cleaning method at home is to take a half cup of deserve and one cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide to mix them
- Lightly spray this solution you prepared onto the upholstery fabric and let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Immediately after that scrub the area gently using a microfiber rag. But if you stay in find the fabric soapy wet, then gently blot dry it with a clean cloth
Results- Using these non-chemicals as an upholstery cleaner you find too many bubbles on the surface of the fabric. This upholstery cleaning method is best for smaller surface areas cleaned with dirt and dust.
2. White Vinegar And Baking Soda
In this method the ingredients you need are:
- 1 tablespoon of dish soap and white vinegar each
- Two cups of hot water
- Baking soda (a generous amount)
- Take all the above-mentioned handy ingredients and put them aside to use whenever they are necessary
- The first step after collecting all the ingredients, you need to sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda onto the upholstery and wait at least 10 minutes. After the time is up, you need to vacuum away the baking soda.
- Take a spray bottle and mix 1 tablespoon of dish soap, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 2 cups of hot water in it
- Later, gently soak the upholstery fabric to blot dry it.
Results- This kind of cleaning method is favourable for upholstery stain removal.
3. Rubbing Alcohol Along With White Vinegar
- Take a spray bottle to mix the ingredients a cup of rubbing alcohol and a cup of white vinegar
- Spray the solution generously over the upholstery surface as a cleaner and allow the solution to dwell for a round 1 to 2 minutes
- Then take a clean towel or a sponge to scrub the surface area vigorously and then let it naturally dry. You can even repeat the process if necessary.
Results- With this method you can get rid of ink stains and paint stains from the upholstery fabric.
Note- Make sure to not implement this method on fibres like modacrylic, acrylic, triacetate and acetate.
On using cornstarch as an upholstery cleaner, you can see a complete physical change in your fabric
If you want to implement this method, you need a half cup of baking soda and a little amount of water along with a half cup of cornstarch
Here you need to mix all the mentioned ingredients to make them into a thick paste
Apply this paste over the fabric and then allow it to dry for about half an hour. After the paste gets dried, vacuum the area using an upholstery cleaner
Another alternative implementation for the same method is that you can mix cornstarch and baking soda to sprinkle them over the upholstery. Later, vacuum the powders
Results- You find amazing results once you implement this method to clean upholstery fabric stains. In fact, you can use this method for upholsteries that are made of delicate fabrics.
5. Dish Soap And Water
Firstly, you need to take the ingredients listed below:
- 1 tablespoon of dish soap
- 16 ounces of water
- Hydrogen peroxide and
- Baking soda
- Take a spray bottle to mix both dish soap and water to additionally combine equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide to make up the complete solution up to 50%
- Spray this solution over the upholstery fabric and let it lightly get saturated and then sprinkle baking soda over this solution
- With the help of your hand or a clean white cloth spread this baking soda across the fabric surface evenly
- Allow this complete setup to sit overnight and then vacuum clean the area the next morning.
Results- It is a method that works wonderfully in brightening up your upholstery fabrics be it a couch, loveseat, sofa or armchair. This is a method that cuts through Grey’s grime and dirt. Moreover, it also works for unpleasant odours and breaks down acidic particles on the fabric.
6. Club Soda Or Water With Other Few Ingredients
For this upholstery cleaning method, if you do not have club soda as an alternative you can go with water because both of them work well
To make this method work successfully, you need to carefully mix a cup of club soda or water with half a cup of vinegar and half a teaspoon of natural dish soap in a spray bottle
Mix all the contents thoroughly to spread onto the fabric until the surface gets completely soaked
Now allow this cleaner to dwell on the upholstery fabric for a few minutes
Then, scrub the area lightly using a rag or a bristle brush in a circular motion
The last step to complete this method is to spray water on the upholstery surface and suck-dry using a wet vac.
Results- Eliminates dust and dirt particles stuck in the fibres.
Is your “how to clean upholstery without chemicals” idea not working? Then save your time, energy and money by implementing these DIY methods. Because we already have an alternative option of getting in touch with professional upholstery cleaners near you. But if you are not sure whom to choose out of many options in the industry, you can check for the right credentials before selecting one. There are a few important credentials you can check before hiring an expert for upholstery cleaning. Like, experience, training period, skills, insurance policy, equipment and cleaning agents they usually use. You can also check with them if they provide same-day and emergency cleaning services. You can check our blog Why Upholstery Cleaning Should Be On Your Home Upkeep Checklist.
Check Our Customer Reviews: Enroll Business