Quickbooks is undoubtedly one of the most-used accounting software in medium-sized and small-sized companies. It is a one-stop solution for bookkeeping and accounting services for all companies. With each update, new features are added to the software to fix the issues that people may face while using the application. Despite all the efforts of the company, people may end up facing some bugs in the software. One such common issue that users may face is Quickbooks won’t open. This issue occurs when a person tries to open the Quickbooks company file on the system. The issues need to be resolved as soon as possible to keep using the application without any issue. If you have also encountered the Quickbooks won’t open issue, this guide can help you fix the issue. Read why you face the issue and how you can resolve the same.
Causes of Quickbooks Error
Here is a complete list of all the possible reasons for which the Quickbooks won’t open occurs.
- The very common reason is that Quickbooks is not installed properly on the system.
- Also, you can face the issue if the Quickbooks installation file is corrupted or damaged.
- The operating system on your system is outdated.
- Next, you can also face the issue if the QBWUSER.ini file is no more present on the system.
Preliminary Troubleshooting Steps
Before you proceed with resolving the error using advanced methods, you need to follow some basic troubleshooting steps. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to update your Quickbooks application to the latest version.
- Next, you will have to ensure that hosting is not turned on in any of your workstations.
- After this, you will have to repair the Quickbooks application.
- Also, ensure to suppress the installation of the application.
- In the end, you will have to change the name of your TLG and ND files.
Advanced Fixes for Quickbooks Won’t Open Issue
So, now you are aware of all the factors leading to the Quickbooks won’t open issue, here are some of the advanced fixes that you can use to fix the issue. Check out all of these methods in detail below.
Method 1: Use Quick Fix My Program
The very first method that we suggest you follow is to use the Quick fix my program feature from the Quickbooks tool hub. For this, follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then open the installation window.
- Now, agree to all the terms and conditions and then proceed with the installation process.
- Follow all the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- When the process will complete, you will have to click on the tool hub icon and then open the tool.
- You will then have to click on the option for program problems.
- Under this tab, you will have to click on the option to run Quick fix my program.
- When done, wait for the tool to diagnose and fix the Quickbooks application.
- When done, close the tool, start the system again and then start Quickbooks again.
Method 2: Start Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
In case you are facing any installation issues, you can get rid of the issue using Quickbooks install diagnostic tool. Below we have mentioned all the steps to use the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- For this, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. If you are not sure how to download it, follow the steps mentioned in the above section.
- Next, you will have to move to the installation issues tab.
- On this tab, click on the option to run Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the tool to start. Now, the diagnosis process will begin on the system. You will have to wait for this process to complete.
- When the process is complete, close the window and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 3: Change the Name of QBWUSER.INI File
As we have mentioned, you can face the issue if the QBWUSER.ini file is missing from the system. So, changing the name of the file and recreating the file can help you fix the issue. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow.
- To start with, you will have to look for the folder in which you have stored the ini file.
- You will then have to right-click on the ini file and then from the menu, choose the rename option.
- After this, you will have to add OLD at the end of the name of the file and then save the changes made.
- In the end, you will have to start the Quickbooks application on the system and then check if the Quickbooks won’t open issue is resolved or not.
Quickbooks’ won’t open issue may not be a critical error but needs to be resolved so that you can access the company file without any issue. With all the steps mentioned above in the article, you will be able to resolve the error in no time. But, if you continue facing the issue, we suggest you talk to the support team.
To read more at norstrat.