Dental veneers are a good option to get rid of unwanted pigmentation and blemishes on your teeth. Micro Prosthesis will hide the ugly shape and color, chips, curvature, and interdental spaces. Thin plates – veneers – cover the outer layer and the cutting part of the tooth. Teeth restored with veneers do not differ from their own. You can choose a natural tone or the whitest color (bleach). As with any type of micro prosthetics, veneers have pros and cons that need to be considered.
What Are Dental Veneers Used For?
- The expected effects after the installation of dental veneers
- Change the color of teeth, restore whiteness and radiance to a smile
- Improve the alignment of the teeth: correct overlaps, compensate for differences in height, fill in spaces (happy teeth) …
- Modify the shape and appearance of teeth: sharp, chipped, damaged, short teeth, etc.
- In cases of loosening or periodontal disease, they help hide black holes and hide yellow roots.
- In any case, it is above all an aesthetic solution , easy to implement to recover a magnificent smile.
Dental Veneers: Advantages And Disadvantages
With the help of veneering, the dentition will become even and the smile will be attractive in a short time. The onlays will look natural among their own teeth or completely transform the dentition, bringing it closer to the ideal. Restoration with filling materials and regular bleaching will not give this effect. The method is quite gentle, the enamel layer is grinded by about 0.3-0.5 mm, some types of veneers are attached to a non-grinded tooth.
Micro Prostheses, unlike braces, allow you to quickly correct the unevenness of the dentition. But in case of large destruction and significant defects, the linings are not installed. Therefore, a specialist will tell you whether to put veneers on. With slight curvature and destruction and for aesthetic purposes, veneers do an excellent job with problems. There are several advantages of dental restoration with veneers:
- The surface of the onlays does not differ from the tooth enamel.
- Food colors do not penetrate into the structure of veneers.
- When using high-quality materials, the products will last at least 10 years.
- No stain builds up on the plane and smooth surface.
Usually, the veneering coating is damaged as a result of force, lack of hygiene. With proper care, the pads will last longer.
But, Besides A Beautiful Smile And Healthy Teeth, Restoration With Veneers Has Disadvantages:
- You have to limit the chewing load.
- The lining can come off, chip or crack when biting nuts, caramel.
- Neighboring teeth that are not covered with veneers darken over time, differ in color and need whitening.
- Durable zirconium-based onlays are expensive.
- Veneers can’t be used in case of extreme tooth damage in calculus bridge or some other chronic dental disorders.
All of these disadvantages seem insignificant compared to the ability to have a beautiful smile. How much does it cost to put veneers on? After examination and selection of material, a specialist will answer. The price depends on the defect in the teeth, the technology used, and the cost of creating a temporary plastic structure.
Selection Of Dental Veneers
- Low-cost products made of composite materials are inexpensive, but they often break down, lose their attractiveness over time, and can be stained with food dyes.
- Ceramic linings are color-stable, strong enough, ideally adhere to the surface, and retain their original appearance throughout the entire service life.
- Compressed porcelain and zirconia structures are particularly robust. They do not react to temperature changes, they break less often, even in difficult cases they allow you to get beautiful teeth.
German ceramics E.max is considered one of the best materials for the production of veneering coatings. The homogeneous material is used for the manufacture of thin patches 0.3-0.5 mm, which are installed after minimal turning. E.max veneers do not enlarge the tooth, are precisely positioned, and serve for at least 15 years. The material simulates the different structures of the enamel in the middle of the onlay, incisal and cervical areas. The likelihood of E.max veneers coming off is minimal.
Empress Esthetic reinforced glass ceramics veneers are considered the most reliable. The material is closest to the composition of the teeth. The dentist and technician can manipulate shape, shade, and transparency. The refractive index of glass ceramics is identical to natural tooth enamel. For Empress dental veneers, preliminary preparation is performed to give the tooth the desired shape, invisible transition between ceramics and natural tissues, and secure fixation of the veneer.
How Are Dental Veneers Applied?
- The technique of fitting a dental cover depends above all on the material chosen.
- The placement of porcelain veneers generally requires at least two appointments, during which the dentist proceeds to different stages depending on the technique chosen veneer, E-max or Feldspathic
- Preparation of the teeth: a thin layer of enamel corresponding to the thickness of the veneer is sometimes removed from the tooth.
- Making an impression of your dental arch: this will allow you to make custom veneers from a cast of your teeth.
- Installation of temporary veneers: in order to protect the teeth until the end of the treatment procedure, the dentist places temporary veneers while waiting for the final dental veneers to be made by the dental technician.
- Placement of permanent veneers: The temporary veneers are removed and the dentist applies a solution to roughen the surface of the teeth.
- For composite resin veneers, the operation requires only one dental office session, depending on the number of teeth involved, thanks to a direct installation method. Concretely, the cosmetic dentist first prepares the enamel then proceeds to the superposition of several layers of composite resin, which will constitute the different types of dental veneers. If necessary, these facets will have to be further polished and / or cut for a more natural result.
Technologies Without Tooth Preparation
In the case of small flaws, dental veneers such as ultra-nirons and lumineers are used instead of tooth turning. The plaque is removed from the surface, which is then etched and covered with an adhesive compound. The advantage of the thinnest overlays of ultrasonic and lumineers is the minimum effect on the enamel. After removing the coating, it remains intact. But the technology has its downsides. Ultra-thin linings do not always cover the shade of the native enamel and do not hide all the flaws, so their use is limited.
If you’re unhappy with the way your teeth look, whiten them frequently, restore them, and consult with our dentist. The Hayatmed specialists for veneers in Turkey will advise on the appropriate type of dental veneers, which will hide the imperfections of the dentition and will look natural.